However, that doesn't mean men drivers have to around with bruised egos. It means instead that men drivers need to face up to some facts:
- Women drivers tend to act less aggressively on the road as compared to male drivers
- Women drivers are less likely to have accidents.
- Women drivers switch lanes and tailgate less often than their male counterparts.
- Female drivers typically drive more cautiously than male drivers (this is more so in drivers under age 25).
In short, male drivers have proved to be higher risks when it comes to car insurance and car insurance companies will naturally assess higher premiums for drivers that statistically show a greater chance of getting into a collision. This is one of the main reasons why it is easier to find cheap car insurance for women than it is to find cheap car insurance for men.
Naturally this overall statistic doesn't mean that any individual male driver is worse than any individual female driving. Car insurance premiums hinge on the driving history of the covered drivers, as well as the amount of coverage purchased. So if Aunt Tilly, whose eyesight is failing, has more fender-benders in her Nissan than her teen-aged nephew Ralph, it's likely that Aunt Tilley's Nissan insurance will cost more.
At the same time, Ralph's mother Wanda is a good driver, but her Nissan insurance costs more than Aunt Tilly's. That's because Wanda carries more options on her Nissan insurance, such as 24-hour roadside assistance or getting a rental car in the event of a collision requiring car repairs.
So what's a male driver to do? Don't fret; there are many ways to pay less for car insurance. Consider some of these alternatives recommended by top nationwide insurance companies:
1. Compare car insurance by getting quotes from several companies via an insurance aggregator website. Using a comprehensive website means you only have to fill out one form, one time, to get multiple insurance quotes sent straight to your email.
2. Check out discounts, such as:
- Being a member of an "affinity" group, such as civic groups, professional organizations or the AARP that qualifies you for discounts.
- Military personnel or federal employee discounts.
- Safety related discounts, such as always using seatbelts or having an anti-theft device installed in your car.
3. Be a good driver and you can get some major savings. Most companies require drivers to go five years without an accident and three years without a ticket.
Whether you are looking for Nissan insurance like Wanda or you just want to lower your car insurance rates, check out the discounts and other service options available to you. If you haven't shopped around for car insurance in several years, you'll be surprised at the discounts now available for Nissan insurance as well as insurance on other cars.